The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children offers a wide variety of career opportunities in diverse fields such as case management, fundraising, and everything in between. We need talented professionals with a passion for our mission to join us in helping to find missing children, reduce child sexual exploitation, and prevent future child victimization.
Additionally, NCMEC offers rewarding and educationally enriching internship opportunities. Our Internship Program is year-long with programs starting in the Spring, Summer and Fall.
Current Jobs & Internships
Qualified candidates can apply for posted positions by clicking “Apply for this Position” at the bottom of each job description.
Internship application deadlines:
Spring quarter: November 1
Summer quarter: March 1
Fall quarter: July 1
Full-time employees are eligible to receive the benefits listed below:
Health and wellness benefits
- Medical and prescription, dental and vision options available.
- Flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent child care.
- 100 percent employer funded short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- 100 percent employer funded life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment.
- Optional life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment coverage.
- Family and medical leave.
Paid leave benefits
- Nine observed and up to four floating paid holidays.
- Paid annual and sick leave.
- 7% Employer contribution to 403(b) plan.
- Career advancement opportunities.
- In-service presentations.
- Professional development and training courses.
- Tuition assistance.
- Parking and public transportation assistance at NCMEC headquarters in Alexandria, VA.
- Employee assistance and work life program.
- Credit union membership.
- Telecommuting opportunities.
How often do you update your job listings?
We post positions as they become available and remove postings when we are no longer seeking candidates for a position.
How can I confirm that I applied successfully?
You will receive an automated email reply to let you know we have received your submission.
What happens after I submit my information?
Once your information is received, it will be reviewed by the recruiter, the hiring supervisor, or manager with the vacancy. You will hear from Human Resources or the hiring manager directly should we be interested in a phone or in person interview. Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, it is not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the division’s needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately two to eight weeks therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.
Questions? Contact NCMEC at email@example.com.